Saturday, August 22, 2009

Have you ever....had this happen!

Today I was shopping (In a small quilt shop) and the clerk was talking and not paying attention and rang up my purchases. She told me $19.30 so I wrote the check! I finished the conversation I was having with the other clerk and went to my car. As I started my car I thought $19.30 that couldn't of been right....I thought she didn't charge me for what I had wanted to buy...but wait I had better check my shopping bag. Yes it was all there.....she had missed charging me for two items. Do I go back and be honest and tell her she made a mistake.....or do I think "wow" what a deal I just got!
You know me I went back in....I told her she made a mistake...she laughed and re-rang up the items and she returned my check and then I wrote another one...I thought I would sleep so much better tonight. Then I told the clerks that I would of felt so bad that they would of been short in the cash drawer tonight and wouldn't of known who didn't pay. To my surprise they both said...."The drawer is never right and we wouldn't of missed it."
So....I could of just driven away and not thought anything about it! but...I couldn't do that!
What a day!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

You did the right thing and I would have done the same! We ARE very alike! :)

Laurie said...

A True Midwesterner!